Saturday, December 13, 2008

December 2008 12 of 12

For the past two days we have had rain, three and three-quarter inches to be exact, and we were "house bound." That's not all bad though, we did finish up our holiday decorations. Today we woke up to beautiful, sunny weather. We'll finish up the outdoor decorations and share some of our "Holiday Spirit" with you. We hope that you have a Very Happy and Safe Holiday Season.

7:55 a.m. Gotta get going, things to do.

8:40 a.m. Remember how low the lake was last month? Rains up in the mountains have replenished the lake.

8:45 a.m. The little red truck waiting to take me to Greenwood

9:05 a.m. The abandoned neighborhood water tower. We can see it now that the trees have dropped their leaves

3:50 p.m. Decorations are finished, time to share some "Spirit" with you

3:55 p.m. Our "Charlie Brown" tree in the backyard gazebo

4:10 p.m. Our Christmas cactus is blooming early

4:15 p.m. The tree in our living room. Diane holds my butt to steady me when the angel goes on.

4:15 p.m. Garland and poinsettias on the stairway

4:25 p.m. Tree on our upstairs landing

6:20 p.m. The photocell finally turned on the outside lights

6:40 p.m. We are headed out to dinner and see tonight's prettiest light of all

5 comments:

Sunny Archibald said...

I'm proud of you for decorating. Since I'm never home for Christmas anymore, I pretty much don't do anything but drag the tree out of the spare bedroom. Last year I even put it away fully decorated, so this year was a snap!!! What a scrooge I am. Merry Christmas....I'm leaving for Europe on the 24th.

Martini Dan said...

Great photos! Happy Holidays!

Pete Cullen said...

Oh Corky those pics are lovely, great decorations and lights, nice work :)

Linda Judd said...

Your 12-of-12 really put me in the Christmas mood! Nice work.

Zippy said...

The decorations are really lovely. I wish I had an outside to put lights on. Have a Merry Christmas!

Michele