Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 2010

I woke up this morning with plans for a pretty full day. I wanted to go fishing in the pond belonging to my daughter and son-in-law. Later, I planned to run into Greenwood and purchase groceries and supplies. Of course, the very first thing in our house is to tend to the babies.
9:15 am - Trying to encourage our new baby, Sissy, a long-haired
weiner, to come down the stairs and go outside.
Today is Sissy's 14 week birthday.

9:18 am - Sissy thinks Pepper, a wire-haired weiner, is her mommy. She pesters poor Pepper beyond belief and Pepper shows tremendous patience.

9:30 am - The entrance arbor to our back yard is covered with Jasmine. The flowers have the most beautiful fragrance.

9:33 am - This magnolia really smells good, too.

10:45 am - Got my trusty golf cart loaded up to go to the pond and try to catch some dinner for tonight.

11:20 am - I spent 12 minutes wearing this fish out, he wore me out, too. Just after I took this picture, I cut the line, did a little fishey CPR, and sent him on his way. We don't eat grass carp.


12:10 pm - I've got enough fish for dinner, time to reward myself with a cold brew.

2:10 pm - Headed to Greenwood and passed this sign leading to "Promised Land." Yep, that's the name of the community!
2:35 pm - Wally World (aka Walmart) the store that has everything from donuts to diapers.

3:40 pm - I ran the aisles as best I could, got a buggy full to load in the truck.

4:05 pm - Charlie B's. Gas and Fried Chicken.

6:37 pm - Fried Crappie (also known as speckled perch,) Hushpuppies, Collard Greens and Cheese Grits. Yum, yum!

Bonus Picture - I just couldn't leave out a picture of Annie, our curious kitty.Thanks for stopping by. Now go check out Chad's site and links to other 12 of 12 sites.
http://chaddarnell.typepad.com/runchadrun2/










10 comments:

Sherry Lee said...

Boy Daddy, that red fishing rod and reel sure looks like mine :) are you keeping it wet for me? Since I have not had it wet myself in 2 years now :( Long over due for me, it's been calling my name very loud this past couple months! Might have to come borrow it back. I love you and yes that was one hell of a carp!

Andy Darnell said...

Thanks for participating

David said...

Full enjoy at one place...Golf cart Alberta

Joni said...

I could have used some of that tasty looking fish, hush-puppies and grits while I'm laid up here with the messed up ACL. :-) Enjoyed your 12 of 12 - the magnolia was my favorite shot (next to the one with the hushpuppies) and your new real puppy is adorable.

Pete Cullen said...

Great job as always Corky, I definitely agree you earnt that cold one.

Sunny Archibald said...

Great shots this month, Cork. The new baby is adorable, and your dinner looks really, really good, except for the collard greens. As I recall, they're bitter. See you next time. :-)

JCB said...

I can't believe all the flowers that are in bloom! We have a new puppy also - but a great dane puppy, so it's a little larger than your addition!

Jill said...

Awwwwww, Sissy is SO CUTE!

Gotta love fresh-caught fish.
Thanks for sharing!

Martini Dan said...

Great photos and 12 of 12. Thanks!

Dogeared said...

What an adorable new puppy! And aww, very cute seeing her with her new "Mum" ;-)