Thursday, March 12, 2009

March 12, 2009

Today was a really beautiful day in Ninety Six. Temperatures the last few days have been in the mid 70's to low 80's. "Spring has sprung" and plants are starting to bloom, Thanks for visiting our March, 2009 12 of 12.





Tulip tree, also known as a Japanese Magnolia, in bloom in our back yard. My better half, the Lady Diane, can be seen raking in the distance.

The newest addition to our family came to check out what I was doing.
I don't know the proper name, but, to us, this is a "Red Bud" about to bloom.

Took a walk and the next few pictures are plants that are blooming in the wild near our house. I believe that this is a form of Daffodil.

Absolutely no idea what this is, but it is gorgeous.

Another form of Daffodil, maybe?

Vinca, also known as a Periwinkle.

Scourge of yards, but pretty, is the Dandelion.
And another one that I am unable to identify.
This is tonight's fried chicken thawing out.
After dinner, we took a golf cart ride around the neighbor's pond.
This pine has been hit by lightening and is on the edge of the pond adjacent to the dam.









7 comments:

Sunny Archibald said...

Great pics. Love all the flowers. Red bud is right; the pinkish/purple flower is a hyacinth; the little purple flowers at the top of a stem are grape hyacinths; I THINK the first white flower with yellow center is a narcissus, and the other one may be a paper white narcissus, but I'm not sure. After seeing your 12 of 12, I know that the tree in mine is a tulip tree, right? How funny that we both took a picture of the same thing.

TJ said...

Isn't nature/spring wonderful, especially when it's waking up from a long winters nap. I enjoyed the photos, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous - we were warm, but we had a cold snap, and I'm really bitter about it!

The new addition is adorable!

Dogeared said...

I was going to say hyacinth and grape hyacinth, but Sunny beat me to it! They are cute, and a lovely sign that Spring is on its way!

Scooter said...

What great almost-springtime photos! HOORAY!!!
Thanks for sharing your day with us!

Martini Dan said...

Great photos, it's so nice to see spring all over the place. Here in South FL we really just have wet season and dry season and I often miss real seasons but it's only because 1 day of winter is enough for me! :-)

JCB said...

I am glad spring is arriving somewhere cause it sure ain't arriving in northern Alberta!