Friday, June 12, 2009

June 12 of 12 2009

Thanks for visiting with us today. My bride is headed out of town for a visit in Georgia, so I'm left to my own devices. Annie, the curious cat, will do what she can to keep the puppies and I under control. She can be so bossy. Later, this evening, my grandson Michael will come visit for a while.

9:35 a.m. Getting a late start taking pictures.

9:40 a.m. Caught Annie, the curious cat, getting a bite.9:42 a.m. Momma bird about to launch from her house to get some baby food.
9:50 a.m. I thought I'd do something a wee bit different and show the evolution of a Magnolia Flower. This is a bud having just shed its outer shell.
9:50 a.m. This bud is just now opening. You can see the definition of the petals. 9:51 a.m. The traditional Magnolia blossom. They smell so pretty.
9:52 a.m. This blossom has "bloomed" itself out.
10:01 a.m. I just noticed that the deer got into the garden and "pruned" one of our hydrangeas. I need to spray the beds again.
5:20 p.m. Michael coming to visit.
7:45 p.m. I came up to the den and little Pepper looked so pitiful. Annie, the curious and very bossy cat, had stretched out in the recliner that Pepper normally sleeps in.
7:45 p.m. Pepper has determined that she will not be denied and is pondering how to co-exist.
7:46 p.m. Discretion being the better part of valor, Pepper decided not to disturb Annie and curled up in a tight ball in the corner.

Once again, thanks for visiting us here in Ninety Six. Now I invite you to go to Chad's site and visit some of the other 12 of 12 sites. See you next month.

10 comments:

Sunny Archibald said...

Great post - you're not going to believe this, but I took the very same magnolia pictures you did today...not the same tree, of course, but the progression. Mine didn't turn out the way I wanted, so I didn't use them. How bizarre! Hey, how does one spay a flower bed?

Pete Cullen said...

Hi Corky, I love the last three photos "You're not sitting here dog!" hehe.

The magnolias too look lovely.

Chris said...

Oh, bossy cats are fun. Anyone who thinks that dogs are supposed to have the upper hand is so very, very wrong :)

It's too dry for magnolias around here - we're mostly oaks and ... well, oaks. Oh, and cedar. Can't forget that - especially not in allergy season!!

Nice 12 :)

Scooter said...

What a great day, so colorful and fun! Your dog has such a photogenic face. :)
Thanks for sharing your day with us. :)

Dogeared said...

Poor Pepper! I'd have turfed Annie out, if it was Pepper's chair, especially with such a sad face at being pushed out! Poor pup...

~Sheryl said...

Very nice 12 of 12. Love the flowers. Luckily the deer haven't found my hydrangea... my my tomatoes and Lily's weren't so lucky. lol

Thanks for sharing.
~Sheryl

Anonymous said...

you've got really pretty flowers! i haven't seen them in full bloom! beautiful!

Xtina said...

I love the pic of the magnolia. They smell so good, although I usually start sneezing as soon as I get a big wiff! Great pics, thanks.

Xtina

BU said...

I love the last three! At least the dog knows its place ;)

JCB said...

love your photos. Our cats dominate our house also.