Saturday, December 12, 2009

December 12, 2009

Oh, my goodness, it's chilly here in Ninety Six, SC. Yes, we're in the South, and last night it was in the 20's. I know that some of you mid-westeners are having it colder, but that's where you happen to live. I moved South to get warm! Oh well, be that as it may, our 12 of 12 will go on.


10:30am At the local Recycling Center where we are
encouraged to "Pitch In."10:31am Cardboard, metal, furniture or yard trash; there's a container for each, just be sure to "pitch in.". 10:40am Rolls of hay set aside for the winter. 10:47am The Air Ambulance is sitting on "Ready."
10:50am Stopping at the local grocery for milk.
11:05am Today our local Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a Christmas Tour of Homes and Churches. This is the closestest stop to our house and is listed as Stop #1..
11:08am Stop #2 is almost a 100 year old home that has been in the same family for over 40 years.
11:12am Ninety Six 1st Baptist Church is Stop #3.
11:20am Temple Baptist Church is Stop #4
11:27am This home is only 3 years old but is constructed to look over 100 years old. It is Stop #5
1:10pm Annie the Curious Kitty thinks she's a Christmas Present under the tree.
1:15pm Merry Christmas To All


Thanks for allowing us to share our corner of the world with you for the past year. We'll see you again in 2010. In the meantime, go check with our fellows on Chad's 12 of 12. There's always something neat there.

8 comments:

Pete Cullen said...

I always enjoy checking out your pictures Corky, Ninety Six looks like a really nice place to live. Cold but beautiful bright blue skies.

Best to you all this holiday season :)

khowaga said...

Funny - your cat sits under the tree. My dog won't go anywhere near it -- it scares her so. Dunno why!

Merry Christmas!

Dogeared said...

How weird - I'd never heard of Piggly Wiggly until yesterday when I was reading a Charlaine Harris book (set in Bon Temps, Louisiana), and the female main character goes to one. Then I saw your photo. One of those times where you never hear of something, and then suddenly hear about it lots!

Some pretty buildings you saw on your tour, and I like your tree!

BU said...

At least you had some sun with your cold. I agree with the "South = Warm" mentality!

1110 said...

So enjoyed seeing a real live Piggly Wiggly store! We used to stop by one after church when I was growing up. Guess they did a restructuring - here I thought they had closed up shop!

Bec said...

What a neat tour of your town! Happy Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Funny, I thought the Piggy Wiggly was just a movie myth.

I would have loved the home tour. We have one here in Phoenix of our historic district but it is nothing like the homes in your area.

Sunny Archibald said...

Love the tour of homes shots. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.